- Location London
- Job category Front of House
- Salary £35k - 40k per year + great benefits
- Job type Full Time
Receptionist and Hospitality Assistant
Receptionist and Hospitality Assistant
£35-40k + generous bonus
A great role working as part of a team of 3 based on reception at the London office of a global trading firm. Client experience is absolutely paramount and they are looking for a team to deliver exceptional 5* service. Shifts are 8am-5pm, 8.30am-5.30pm and 9am-6pm on a rotational basis.
It is one of world’s largest physical commodities trading groups, although there are only 30 based in the London office (primarily the IT team), the company is 4300 strong and there are frequent visitors from other offices who hold meetings here. These vary from straightforward teas/coffees etc. to full fine dining experience. There are also 2 week-long events in February and October where there is a consistent and more complex schedule of events.
• Take charge of welcoming & accompanying visitors to meeting rooms
• Coordination/booking of meeting rooms
• Coordination of special requests for visitors (General Concierge tasks)
• Organising hotel arrangements/flights for incoming visitors (the current team will provide training)
• Recording and handling of petty cash
• Organising taxi, and train tickets as per requests
• Booking of internal / external restaurants / meetings / lunches
• Issue various emails, filing and archiving properly
• Managing all incoming and outgoing calls, faxes, and international couriers (training will be provided)
• Printing, filing documents, and assist Directors and employees when necessary
• Responsible for maintaining meeting rooms in a clean and tidy state at all times, including preparation of rooms with drinks and stationery, etc. before meetings and tidying up after meetings
Office Management and administration
• Providing security access badges to visitors and new starters, activating each badge online and allocating access levels in accordance with policy
• Visas and passports renewal (applying for visas and passports on behalf of Trafigura employees)
• Stocking of drinks fridges with milk and soft drinks as well as cleaning/maintaining coffee machines
• Order stationary, maintain stocks of paper/printer toners, and food and beverage supplies as needed
• General secretarial duties for senior members of staff including printing/binding of confidential reports for meetings (the current team will provide training on specific legal procedures)
• Awareness of aspects of Health and Safety in the office environment (the current team will provide training)
• Point of contact with cleaning team, escalate issues with Office team
• Processing invoices, coding, and passing to senior office team (current team will provide training)
• Dealing with urgent ad hoc requests
Conferencing/Food & Beverage
• Serving tea, coffee, biscuits, and chocolate for internal and external guests
• Serving breakfast, lunches, and dinners
• Liaising with Pas/chefs / butlers/sommeliers / cleaners in preparation for Fine Dining events on behalf of Directors/Guests as per business needs
• Liaising with Sommeliers / Butlers / Team to choose the appropriate wine/champagne from the wine cellar
• Handling food & beverage inventories and stock control (bi-weekly/monthly as appropriate )
• Assistance in the organisation of High Profile events in London (Twice a year)
• Maintenance of kitchen, meeting rooms, and employee floor as appropriate
Attitude is the most important thing as skills can be taught, although multilingual candidates would be an advantage, someone with strong Outlook would be a plus too and you’ll need fantastic attention to detail and great communication skills. As there are regularly high-level guests and clients – ministers etc – expectations of standards are high. We’re looking for someone proactive, who can take charge, think on their feet, problem solve but also work with tact and discretion and who understands the importance of small touches to make a client feel especially welcome – remembering their previous drinks order etc.
They offer a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, pension allowance, private medical insurance, 25 holiday days, discounted gym subsidy and travel insurance.
Please let me know if you’d like to be considered!
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.