- Location New York
- Job category Joss Search
- Salary $60,000 - $80,000 + Commission (OTE $120,000+)
- Job type Full Time
Recruitment Consultant – New York
$60,000 – $80,000 + Commission (OTE $120,000+)
We’re very proud to be a specialist recruitment company. We’ve spent years developing a deep understanding of what it means to be part of an executive support team within private equity and alternative investments. This niche approach has allowed us to become experts in finding superstar candidates and matching them with their dream roles in our focus industries.
It’s a really exciting time to join us – we’re now growing our team in New York and are looking for experienced recruiters or people with sales experience and an entrepreneurial mindset to join our team. In this fast-paced 360 recruitment role, you will be tasked with recruiting executive support positions for our clients within private equity and alternative investments.
This is a fantastic high earning career opportunity in a place that is mission led and values driven and an opportunity to create high impact, meaningful work.
For more information, please go to www.josssearch.com
Role & Responsibilities
- Our Consultants are responsible for building credible, long-standing relationships with our candidates and clients.
- Conducting competency-based interviews to fully understand candidates’ skill set, technical ability, career history, motivators and requirements
- Meeting clients (private equity and alternative investment firms) to gain a full understanding of their needs, including environment and culture, and the nuances of working for them
- Preparing shortlists for roles/discussing potential candidates with clients based on experience and aspirations. We believe in championing the wildcard and our consultants should be prepared to challenge a brief where needed
- Preparing briefing material for candidates and holding meetings (zoom and in person) to ensure candidates are fully prepared prior to interview
- Taking feedback from candidates and clients and keeping both parties fully updated at all times
- Generating new business from referrals/recommendations and from following up on leads/commercial information
- Account management with existing clients – regular contact to establish how we can add more value, sharing market information/data/reports/research we have commissioned
- Maintaining regular contact with your candidates – keeping up to date with their priorities and supporting them through their job search
- Creating opportunities for your candidates – helping them to find their ideal next career move by listening and sharing your market/industry knowledge and proactively introducing them to existing or potential clients
- 2+ years’ experience in recruitment (ideally in a recruitment agency) or 3+years’ experience in a sales role.
- Be able to work independently and in a team
- You will be decisive and take accountability for making key decisions in hiring processes
- Commercial awareness/acumen able to generate business with new and existing clients
- Great communication skills – ability to build rapport using active listening skills
- A strong work ethic and someone who can take ownership of their work whilst demonstrating a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to follow process and systems and maintain the highest standards
- Able to demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Ambition and drive to succeed
We believe that authentic people make the best recruiters. We listen, we learn and we’re constantly refining our craft. Our values bring us together and we carry them with us in everything we do.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do and form a key part of our internal recruitment process.
Passionate– We’re here to champion our hidden heroes, deliver an outstanding service for clients and add value to the Jossie culture. We’re also here to enhance ourselves personally and professionally, leaving our desks in a better place.
Authentic– By being ourselves, we enhance our culture which allows us to deliver our best work whilst enjoying the journey and having fun in the process.
Teamwork– The only way we will deliver outstanding performance is by working as a team, not a collective of individuals. Teamwork will also allow us to nurture and develop our culture.
Challenging– As leaders, we prepared to challenge the industry, our candidates, our clients, each other and ourselves to ensure we provide the best service and be the best versions of ourselves knowing that better people make better Jossies.
Humble– We’ll never know all the answers and we accept when we’re wrong. Most importantly, nothing is beneath us and we’re all prepared to sweep the sheds.
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.